Just a quick update .. this morning, as anticipated, our location in Ponce de Leon, FL was issued Tropical Storm Warnings as Irma started shifting more westward.
Getting further west was prudent. We considered several options, including some kind offers along the way to driveway surf (thank you!).
We opted to head to the Escapee’s Rainbow Plantation park in Summerdale, AL. It was well out of the (current) impact zone, had availability and we would be amongst our RV community. We are predicted to have 30-40 mph wind gusts on Monday – we can handle that.
We arrived and got settled in this afternoon after an uneventful 2-ish hour drive along I-10 (no traffic). It was about all we could safely bear for driving without more sleep and recuperation.
Barring no further course changes that impacts this area further, we plan to stick it out here. If things change, we’ll of course continue on.
Rest, nourishment and letting emotions flow is much needed however – we’re on Day 6 of active evacuation pursuit. As is some nesting to get the bus back to livable (instead of living in “suitcase” mode).
Not that we can really sleep well as the winds are picking up in the Keys (and thus Y-Not) as Irma makes her way to Florida.
Yes, we left a security camera running that we’re monitoring (and no, we can’t easily share it, not that I’m sure we would). Winds are gusting to 60+ mph now there, lines are holding but shore power seems to be out. Things will just get worse over the next 24-36 hours.
It’s going to be a long weekend. And we so appreciate you being with us in spirit through this.
Here’s an archive of a live video cast we hosted this evening with an update if you wish to catch-up with more.
Our thoughts and hearts are with everyone impacted by this storm this weekend, and we of course deeply appreciate your continued safe wishes for our little crew.