Boondocking / Wild Camping
This is our RV boondocking resources page for camping without hook-ups. It's probably our favorite style of camping, to get out more into nature and away from others. But we do it high-tech style - keeping online, keeping all our computers charged up for late night working and playing with our toys.
First, here's some other series of ours that tie into this one that might be helpful:
Here's a video chat we did on this topic going over all of the basics (what is boondocking, finding spots, conserving resources and etiquette):
Next, here are the articles we've written specifically about boondocking:
Here are some of our favorite posts about boondocking by fellow RVing bloggers - there are many ways to approach boondocking and you can learn a lot by comparing different perspectives.
Nina Fussing of Wheeling It has an *excellent* series of post for 'Boondocking for Newbies' that we highly recommend any boondoocker or wannabe reads:
- Boondocking For Newbies Part I -> Finding Where To Go
- Boondocking For Newbies Part II -> Prepping Your RV
- Boondocking For Newbies Part III -> Geting Your Rig Into The Site
- Boondocking For Newbies Part IV – Enjoying Your Time In The Boonies
- Tips on Boondocking Etiquette
Other awesome resources: