We celebrated the marvelous new paint job on the bus, and quickly it was back to work. There’s still lots to get done to get us back on the road.
Master Tech had a goal of getting Zephyr water tight and climate controlled by Labor Day weekend, so that we could spend the weekend doing a reasonable shake-down in their parking lot campground.
While that didn’t happen, a lot of work has happened.
Including lots of conduit being run.. which is fitting, because the overall theme of the past few days has been a Con-Du-It attitude. Maybe it’s sleep deprivation, but we’re going with the pun.
The crew here has been focused on our bus, wrapping up lots of projects. And owner Tim spent most of his 3-day weekend in the shop, on our bus. There’s no doubt our job is a top priority, and we so appreciate it.
Here’s a quick video wrap up of the progress, and below a quick re-cap of the progress in words:
Some of the highlights of the progress:
- Trim pieces have gone back on the bus – including gutters, lights, and railings. Zephyr is looking like one SWEET bus.
All of the brand new windows have been put in, and they look simply amazing. We went with a lighter tinting on the front living room windows to give us more natural light. We’ll have MCD Shades installed that will give us the option of darker tinting and privacy.
- The solar panels have been re-mounted and hooked up – all that is missing is access to the sun.
Our new Dometic Penguin A/Cs have been fully installed, including conduit run to them for power (the original conversion power lines run through spray foam insulation have been unusable and unsafe for quite some while. Conduit is just easier.)
- Installation of all of the holding tanks is complete. The fresh water tanks have been fill & overflow tested, the SeeLevel monitors have been installed can mostly calibrated, new dump valves have been installed, and tank wash systems have been installed on the waste tanks.
Propane tanks have been mounted into the old well ventilated generator bay. We’ve gone with a combo of a 30lb and 20lb tank, to give us lots of fill/swap flexibility. We had this same setup on our Oliver Travel Trailer, and loved the versatility.
A custom fabricated & designed awning bracket mount has been powder coated and installed. This will enable to us to mount a case style awning without arms onto our curved roof. We’re really impressed with how nice it looks.
- Lots of wiring work has come together, and our new control switch panels are ready to be buttoned up. Master Tech ordered in custom printed LED switches for everything, and they look great.
The MCD Shade installation has begun.
- All work in our bedroom and bathroom have pretty much been done, allowing us to start putting things back together. It was a triumphant moment to unroll our new Denver RV Mattress Euro Top that Lippert Components sent us for review. After sleeping in 18 different beds in the past 3 months – we can’t wait for some much needed restful sleep in our own new bed!
There’s still things to come together, but we’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. (Hopefully it’s not a freight train, there are a few of those around.)
Hopefully the next one includes us rolling outta here??
Thanks for your continued support, enthusiasm and positive energy that helps keep us invigorated. Zephyr will be AWESOME when this is all done..and it’ll all be worthwhile.
Bus Updates & Info:
Zephyr’s Summer 2015 Renovation Hit List – the original project list, including our decision points for various items (such as why we’re going propane and not diesel on the hydronics & generator).
Bus Renovation Progress Report: A Riveting Tale of Why We’re Way Behind Schedule – Our first report onsite back in Elkhart.
Bus Renovation Progress Report #2: Week of August 17 – Getting the project back on track.
All about our Bus – A little history on our bus from start to now.
Some of the products mentioned in this post that we’ve selected:
PS. New Unlimited Verizon Data Plan Offering
In case you missed all the announcements in our various Mobile Internet venues, there’s a new unlimited Verizon based data plan for $47.75/month (no contract, no device purchase) that might be worth checking out! We have all the details – including the warnings & caveats posted here: