We aim to host a chat once a month, but this can vary depending on our time and bandwidth availability. Sometimes they are scheduled rather last minute, so be sure to sign up for our e-mail notifications below to get updates when we schedule our next video cast. All of our chats are recorded and available for viewing later (scroll down).
Live Video Cast Center
We offer these chats as our gift, but if you’d like to offer a tip/contribution in thanks for our time & effort – we greatly appreciate it.
Get E-mail Notifications
Our Next Video Chat:
Our next live video scheduled for:
When: Thursday, October 9
5:30pm PDT / 8:30pm EDT
Topic: Realities of Living in RV Parks & Campgrounds
Most RVers at some point will end up staying in RV Parks and Campgrounds. In this live video cast, we’ll talk about:
- The variety of RV parks and campgrounds out there in terms of amenities, prices, views and locations.
- Etiquette and annoyances (from quiet hours, noisy neighbors and living next to other’s vacations)
- Tips for making the best of a less than ideal experience
- Booking & planning thoughts (we won’t be replicating our ‘Routing & Selecting Campgrounds’ chat from last December however – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLV03Jp7uRw)
As always, we’ll follow up with an open Q&A session and will be happy to address your questions about this topic, and life on the road in general.
At the appointed time, please proceed to http://www.technomadia.com/rvparkliving or directly to our UStream channel at http://ustream.tv/channel/technomadia (hint: if you use their mobile app, you might be able to avoid their commercials too!).
Our chats are provided as a gift to you – donations are always appreciated, but never expected.
Future Possible Chat Topics:
- Selecting an RV for Full Timing
- Cooking & Meal Preparations
- Community on the Road
- The Everyday Aspects of RVing
- Solar for RVs
- Pets and RVing
- Environmental Impacts of RVing
- Working on the Road
- Affording Full Time RVing
- Picking a Domicile for Full Time RVing
- Healthcare and Health Insurance for RVing
Sign Up for our e-mail list above to be notified when we schedule these chats!
Notes about our chats:
- We are on a free account with Ustream, so you may encounter ads. We can’t control this, and we make nothing off these ads – it all goes to Ustream.
- We are usually broadcasting via cellular data – video & audio quality can vary.
- During live casts, you can ask questions to us via the ‘Chat’ box in the upper right hand corner of the Ustream screen on most browsers. If you’re viewing from tablet or phone, this option may not be available. When viewing archives, obviously – we won’t be there to answer your questions. *grin*
- If you’ll be missing the live broadcast, and have a question you’d like to address – you can send it to us in e-mail in advance and we’ll do our best to work it in.
- We offer these chats for free – it’s our gift. If you’d like to say thanks with a tip/donation, there’s a ‘Donate’ button. Thanks!
Below are our archives of past chats (warning, they are generally over an hour long each, so make sure you have the bandwidth available to watch them!). All of our chat archives are stored on our YouTube Channel.
- Most RVers at some point will end up staying in RV Parks and Campgrounds. In this live video cast, we'll talk about: - The variety…
- Tips and tricks for traveling with RVing friends while honoring your and their needs, space and unique styles of travel. Balancing travel pace, style and…
- How do you live & travel in a small space with the one you love, and not only not kill each other – but keep…
- Nikki & Jason Wynn and Chris & Cherie of Technomadia team up for a talk on 'Working on the Road'. From workamping, volunteering, temporary jobs…
- Join us and RVillage Founder Curtis Coleman for a live interactive chat about the social RVing platform - www.rvillage.com. (Archive of a live UStream video…
- Cherie & Chris of Technomadia give an overview of the current mobile internet options for RVers -- including cellular, WiFi and satellite. For more information…
- To blog.. or not to blog? There seems to be RVers starting blogs all the time, but is starting one right for you? In this…
- RVing is a great lifestyle choice for introverts. Introversion, by the way - is not the same thing as being shy. Introverts just need non-social…
- An overview of Lithium Ion Batteries for RV house systems, with a 2.5 year update on the bank we built for our vintage bus. For…
- Our monthly live video chat - this month about planning RV routing, setting a pace of travel and selecting campgrounds. Also view the chat companion…
- After 2.5 weeks of purging, our storage unit is cleaned out! We celebrate on camera, and share some of our tips and tricks for tackling…
- Broadcast live from our storage unit in Sacramento, in the midst of us completely clearing it out after holding on to it for 7 years…