Terms of Service & Disclosure
Technomadia Terms of Service (“Agreement”)
This Agreement was last modified on February 01, 2014.
Please read these Terms of Service (“Agreement”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using https://www.technomadia.com (“the Site”) operated by Chris Dunphy and Cherie Ve Ard of Two Steps Beyond LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the site at https://www.technomadia.com.
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. Capitalized terms are defined in this Agreement.
In human language: Don’t steal our stuff. That’s just not cool. We love it if you SHARE our content with links back to our blog, but don’t cut and paste our content and claim it as your own. If you’d like to re-print anything, just contact us. We’re usually agreeable with proper credit.
In legalese: The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Chris Dunphy and Cherie Ve Ard, and Two Steps Beyond LLC and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Ads & Affiliate Links Disclosure
We keep this website because we love to share a slice of our traveling lifestyle with you. We strive to create our own unique blend of living a mobile life of conscious intent utilizing the best technology we can. We enjoy sharing our decision and research process. However, it does cost money to host it, and a lot of time to create content, design and maintain. Especially as this site has grown in readership over the years (thank you!).
We offer this site as our gift to you.
Funding for this website comes from a variety of sources:
- Our own pocket
- Occasional Affiliate Links – including Amazon.com LLC, weBoost and Higher Hangers.
- Direct contributions from readers like you who ‘Leave a Tip’
The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any compensation relationship we have between a product manufacturer or service provider when we write about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we operate under here:
- We are never accept financial payments from manufacturers or vendor for writing about a product. We invest our time to review and test products and write about them.
- We do have affiliate links for some products we mention. Technomadia is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You are welcome to opt of this by going directly to the vendors site. We do not create content specifically to have you use our affiliate links.
- Some manufacturers and vendors do provide us their products at no charge, or on loan, to us for testing. This helps us reduce our costs of providing you more comprehensive information about what works, and doesn’t work. We do NOT give favoritism to products provided for free to us, versus those we pay for ourselves. We do our best to disclose which products were given to us and by whom, and offer alternate sources for purchase.
Our promises to you, the reader:
- If we recommend a product or service, it’s from personal experience and admiration of that product. Not because we’re an affiliate, not because it was provided to us for free and definitely not because we’re doing any person or company a favor.
Our goal is to authentically share about our life on the road, and the products and services that make that easier.
We share a lot of our lives on this blog, including places we’ve been, logistics we’ve navigated, RV modifications we’ve done and technology & products we utilize. All are intended simply for informational purposes and entertainment – not as specific advice. Use your own best common sense in choosing what is right for you, don’t follow our lead blindly, do your own research.
Always consult a professional licensed in their field for specific advice on anything legal, RV-related, tax related, health related or otherwise. Be responsible for your own safety and your own experience.
Also, by us posting about a product or service we use – we are not representing that company and are not a replacement for their customer service. If you have trouble utilizing something we’ve talked about, you should always contact that product’s vendor or manufacturer for support. Sure, share back with us your experiences with the product so that others can learn too – but don’t expect us to solve the problem for you.
In human language: Don’t blame us if what we’ve shared doesn’t work for you – we take no responsibilities for your actions, or how a product we use works (or doesn’t work) for you.
In legalese: We shall not be liable for any damages arising in contract, tort, or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this Site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material.
Be Nice to Each Other
Please interact kindly with us and others on this blog. This is our personal journal of our lives, and we are real people with real feelings. Others commenting here are too. Negativity has no place here.
In human language:
Two primary rules here:
- Be Excellent to Each Other (Thank you Bill & Ted!)
- Don’t be a dick (Thank you Will!)
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Sites
In human language:
We link to other sites and products – but we have no control over their content. Use good web surfing protocols and your own best judgement.
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by us.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Changes To This Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Service by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.