That’s 9a – 5a, by the way.
We’re working around the clock, quite literally, on the re-write of The Mobile Internet Handbook.
When we’re working on a project as intense as this together, we work in shifts.
Cherie gets to work around 9am and works into the early afternoon. Chris gets up, and we get some time working together and comparing notes. We take a break late afternoon for walking, exploring, worshipping Kiki and eating. Then back to work late into the evening. Cherie goes to bed around 1 or 2am, and Chris finishes the shift coming to bed around 5am for a few precious hours of cuddles.
It works really well for us – giving us time to super focus on our own, time to ourselves and time to coordinate. We leave notes to each other in the project we’re working on, so we know where one left off – and to insure all our cloud syncing is working properly before the other picks up.
We’ve been on this sort of schedule for weeks now. And we’re entering the final push to get the manuscript off to our editor – hopefully by this evening. (crossing fingers!)
The book is coming along solid, and we’re super happy with what it has become. The 2013 edition? It’s absolutely laughable in comparison.. and we can’t wait to share with you the new edition!
But it’s keeping us super busy, and I’m lacking time and spare creativity to write this week’s blog post.
So instead, I’m going to point you to some super useful content we’ve written over the years – content we often get asked about.
More About Us
- Our Start Here Page – The short story of who we are
- Our Full(er) Story – How we met, who we are, our various forms of travel thus far and how we earn our income as we roam.
- Our Home on Wheels – A tour of our current nomadic home – an awesome 1961 vintage bus. Also includes links to our bus project logs.
- Our Mobile Gear – A listing of some of the gear that enhances our mobility – from tech, to toys to practical household items.
- Our Monthly Cost Log – We’ve shared our travel cost log online for years, and you’re welcome to view it.
Life on the Road
Curious about hitting the road yourself? In addition to writing about our own travel adventures, we also share a lot of practical and ‘thinky’ content about how we’ve made it work:
This is our series of articles about the logistical aspects of living a nomadic life. We offer it as a free blog series, or as a convenient eBook on a ‘pay as you wish’ basis for those who wish to contribute to the costs of maintaining this site and help keep us inspired to keep sharing. Enjoy!
Some of the topics in the series:
- Mobile Income Ideas
- Affording it
- Logistics – Domicile, Mail,Voting
- Healthcare & Health
- Getting rid of your stuff
Our video interview series – we love meeting up with our nomadic friends in our travels, so we decided to start filming interviews with them so you can meet them too. Our way is not the only way.
We now have a collection of over 20 (!!) interviews produced, and try to release a new one monthly. Check this series out, there’s some serious inspiration here from a variety of folks living on the road and making it happen.
Want to meet more fellow working on the road nomads? Here’s our extensive listing to blogs of Fellow ‘Younger’ RVing Nomads.
In addition to the interview series, we’ve also been hosting monthly(ish) live video streams, and have them all archived here.
Our articles specific to RVing, including:
- Reflections from Seven Years on the Road
- Food Restrictions and Full Time RVing
- Our 12 Favorite Campsites of 2013
- Our iPhone & iPad App Essentials for RV Travel
- Case Studies of Full Time RVing Workspaces & Offices
- Gift Giving Guide for Full Time RVers
- Healthcare on the Road (Updated for the Affordable Care Act!)
- Tips and Tricks for a Versatile RVing Wardrobe
- Our 10 Most Surprising Things about Full Time RVing
- Our House is in the Shop (when your RV breaks down)
- Realities of Living & Traveling in a RV Full Time (video)
- Setting up our Domicile in Florida (Why, how and how much)
- Full Timers Perspective on Fuel Costs
Given the number of questions we get on a wide variety of topics we’ve written about before, I’m hoping some of this is useful reminders.
Ok back to writing.. or cat worshipping.. or something. What time is it? What day is it?
We’re excited to get to the next phase, take a bit of a breather and then get the eBook into your hands in early August!