Oftentimes when folks hear about how we live our lives on the road – we get the response ‘You’re living my dream!’.
To which we of course reply ‘Then why aren’t you doing it too?’
We have been collecting the excuses we’ve heard over the years, and have been chronicling in this blog our Answers to the Common Excuses folks give us for why they’re not living their dreams of a traveling lifestyle.
To better share all this great information, we’ve now consolidated, updated and expanded all of these posts into our first ever eBook release!
In this eBook, we’ve addressed these topics:
- Jobs/Career – We offer up insight on how to transition your existing career, and on choosing a career that is nomad friendly!
- Affording It – We dispel the myths about the high cost of travel. Addressing issues such as selling your home or renting it out, and reducing living expenses overall.
- Stuff – Stuff is an anchor, what are the things that you truly need? We offer tips on letting go of attachments to things, and advice on how to tackle the overwhelming purging process.
- Family – Travel can be a great education for kids, and can actually keep you more connected to extended family.
- Environmental Impact – You can travel and still lower your ecological footprint on the world.
- Pets – Some forms of travel are more pet friendly than others. You don’t need to leave your best friend behind!
- Community – Being nomadic opens up new opportunity for community. We offer tips on how to stay connected with communities back home, and meet like-minded people as you travel.
- Romance & Relationships – We explore everything from solo travel to dealing with a partner who doesn’t share your wanderlust.
- Logistics – We share practical advice on how to handle mail, voting, taxes and banking – the mundane (but important!) logistics.
- Healthcare & Health – We discuss considerations for health insurance and keeping healthy when you travel full time.
- Overwhelm – We share tips for handling the daunting tasks ahead of you while preparing your life to be mobile.
- Lack of Continuity – How to find services you are used to at home when you are on the road and need them.
- Safety – Being mobile really doesn’t have more risks than being stationary – just different.
- Connectivity – We offer proven advice on how to stay connected and online while living a life in motion.
- Feeling Held Back (new – eBook exclusive!) – Society doesn’t teach us to carve our own paths, or how to responsibly exit the traditional interstate to the American Dream. We help you find your own unique way to live the life of your dreams, no matter what is holding you back.
This series has been some of our most popular and linked to content on our site, and in it we give a mix of practical tips, thoughts to ponder, further resources and examples of real people overcoming all of these hurdles.
We’ve always had the vision of combining all of the articles into a single, easy to access resource. But, we always seemed to be lacking the time to get all the extensive editing and updating done – until now.
We are proud to announce that our Answers to the Common Excuses Not to Travel Full-Time is now available as a 78 page, 25,000+ word eBook!
Not only did we combine 15 topics into one place, we also did a massive update and added bunches of new content. There is even an entirely new never before published chapter.
Price: Contribute as you wish!
|PDF Format||ePub Format|
Just change the suggested price in the shopping cart to whatever it’s worth to you.
Not ready to invest in an eBook? You’re welcome to preview it as our gift by setting the price to $0.00. If you find it of value, please do consider coming back and making a contribution so we can continue to spread inspiration, or simply PayPal us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thanks!
The completion of this eBook also comes at an exciting time for us – our presentation at SXSW Interactive 2011 on Technomadism: Living and Working On the Road was recently accepted! So we’re heading to Austin mid-March, and are very excited to share our experience on this topic with a large audience at such a major event.
We’ve never set out to generate our primary income from this blog, and the same is true with this eBook. We write, produce content and present about nomadic living because we are passionate about it, and sharing our lives is a great way to meet amazing people. We love sharing this lifestyle with others, and inspiring and being inspired by the people we meet.
However sharing our gift of inspiration at SXSW in Austin will have real travel costs involved.
So we’re launching our new eBook as fundraising for our SXSW travel fund. You can help us inspire others – just Click Here!
All proceeds of this book are currently going into our SXSW Interactive 2011 Travel Fund. By making a contribution for this eBook, you’re helping us continue to inspire others to live their dreams.