- Our Tales
- Travelogues & Plans
- Chapters of our Life on the Road
- Bus Project Log
- Our Campground Reviews on RVParking.Com
- Kiki’s Corner (Yes, our cat blogs)
- Work Life
- Tech & Nomad
- About Us
In 2010, we traversed roughly 13,633 miles and 25 states via RV across the good ole’ US of A. We had every intention of traveling into Canada for the summer, and into Mexico in the fall/winter to finally break our international RVing cherry.
However, serendipity had other plans for us, and we ended up back tracking to Florida twice instead. Once to be with Cherie’s family during her father’s surgery, and second to prepare to depart the continental US (and the RV) for a different modality of nomadism on the Virgin Islands. We don’t regret these decisions one bit, and suspect Canada and Mexico will still be there when we get to them.
For details, stories and photos from each segment, here are links to our individual travelogues from the year:
- St. Louis to Florida (round 1) – January/February
- Orlando to Austin, TX – March
- Roaming around Central TX - April/May
- Austin to St. Louis and back to Florida (round 2) – June
- Florida back to St. Louis, the long way – July
- St. Louis to Burning Man – August
- Burning Man to San Francisco - September
- San Francisco to Florida (third time is a charm!) to St. John, USVI – October/November
In general, 2010 had far too much motion, far too many long repositioning segments, too many routes that we’ve done before and not enough still and focused time in a single location. However, despite that – it was full of awesome.
Currently we’re on month 2 of our 5 month adventure in St. John, and we’re totally digging being still for a bit. While we have some options formulating as to what might be next for us this spring – we have no idea what life looks like come April.
We look forward to continuing to share our journey with you in 2011. Thank you for being part of our amazing 4th year on the road!
Hi, we’re Cherie & Chris!Technology has enabled our full time traveling lifestyle since 2006. We currently full time RV in a geeked out vintage bus conversion, following nomadic serendipity - while running our high tech business.
Our Current Adventure
We're currently in Transit: Austin -> Cedar Key, FL, United States
Our Most Recent Posts
- Until Next Time, Austin!
- Ramblings: Tales from Nomads – Interstellar Orchard
- Family Warmth in Austin and Various Stuff
- 2013 Gift Giving Guide for Full Time RVers
- Unlocked & Universal – Millenicom Retina iPad Mini Awesomesauce!
- A Chilly Arrival to Austin
- Healthcare on the Road (Updated for the Affordable Care Act!)
Our Next Live Video Chat
View archives of past chats.
Click Here to get e-mail notifications when we schedule future video chats.